I’m all about saving time and keeping things simple on work nights. After a day of work, the last thing I want to do sometimes is spend the rest of my night in the kitchen instead of relaxing on the couch. This recipe gives you back your evening….without sacrificing taste!
This was something that I came up with one night after a walk through the Cold Springs Park Farmers Market which is literally steps from our home. It’s definitely a recipe that you can edit to your liking — add whatever veggies you want, use or don’t use meat, use regular or whole-wheat pasta, etc. etc.
Oven Roasted Veggies with Chicken and Pasta
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 bell peppers (whichever colors you like), cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 crown of broccoli, cut into tiny florets
- 4 boneless chicken cutlets, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 c. olive oil (I used garlic-infused olive oil from Wegmans)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning or whichever dried herbs your prefer
- a pinch of cayenne pepper if you like heat
- 1/2 c. fresh herbs (I used basil and Italian parsley), minced
- 8 oz. your favorite pasta
- 8 oz. smoked mozzarella, cut into cubes
~ Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
~ Cook the pasta per directions on box in boiling, salted water.
~ In a large 9×13 roasting pan, combine the onion, peppers, broccoli, tomatoes, garlic and chicken. Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, dried spices, and cayenne pepper. Make sure all pieces are well coated with oil and spices.
~ Roast this combo of deliciousness for 30ish minutes, checking and stirring occasionally to make sure nothing burns and to make sure that all of the veggies cook properly.
~ Pour the warm pasta into a large mixing bowl. Place the cubed mozzarella and minced fresh herbs on top of the pasta. Pour the entire mixture from the roasting pan over what’s in the bowl, making sure to scrape all the goodness out. You don’t want to miss a thing…trust me. Mix this baby up and enjoy the glorious sounds escaping from the bowl!! 🙂
~ Scoop heaping generous portions into bowls and enjoy!!